1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut up a small bunch of mint leaves very fine and add it to a small bowl with the minced garlic and ginger, 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil, zest and juice of 1 lime, and some salt. Combine well to make a sauce/paste and spread it evenly over the chicken.
3. In a large cast-iron pot, brown both sides of the chicken thighs. Make sure to not over crowd the pot, so only do a few chicken thighs at a time. Set the chicken thighs aside temporarily.
4. Add the butternut squash, onions, and a bit of oil into the pot and fry until the onions are starting to soften – around 5 minutes.
5. Add all of the seasonings to the squash and onions and stir well.
6. Add in the risotto rice, can of coconut milk, half a can of water, juice of one lime and stir well. Place the chicken thighs evenly throughout the dish, cover, and transfer to the oven.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the liquid is absorbed into the rice. Remove from heat and stir in the spinach. It will soften quickly.
8. Plate with some crushed pineapple on top and an optional lime wedge